If you’re looking for a healthy and cleansing detox soup recipe, look no further. Whether you have overindulged on heavy meals lately, are in the middle of a detox diet, or just want to eat healthier, the following three colourful detox soup recipes will fit your needs. Try to use as many organic ingredients as possible, so that you don’t introduce more toxins into your system.
3 Detox Soup Recipes
Green Detox Soup (makes 4 servings)
This beautiful green detox soup will help you consume more greens, but the best part is it doesn’t taste overly healthy (even though it is). If you don’t like pureed soups, then this soup is also tasty when the ingredients remain unblended.
3 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup onions, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
½ medium turnip, diced into 1 inch pieces
1 large zucchini, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 sweet potato, diced into 1 inch pieces
1 cup fresh spinach
1. Heat up olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add turnip and sweet potato. Saute for 5 more minutes.
3. Add broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add zucchini, simmering for 5 more minutes.
5. Add spinach, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Puree the soup using a blender or immersion blender until smooth.
Carrot and Ginger Detox Soup (makes 4 servings)
This soup is packed with antioxidants and detoxifying ingredients. Ginger helps to improve digestion and circulation, as well as relieve digestive spasms and nausea. Carrots are essential in detox since they contain the antioxidant, beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Lastly, cumin boosts the detoxification of the liver.
1 medium onion, sliced
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped roughly
1 tsp ground cumin
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
salt and pepper
1 tbsp cumin seeds (for sprinkling)
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add onion and ginger. Cook until onions are translucent.
2. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth and cumin. Simmer for 45-60 minutes or until carrots are very tender (alternatively, chop up carrots smaller if you don’t wish to wait so long).
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup. Serve with cumin seeds sprinkled on top.
Beet and Apple Detox Soup
The following soup is great for breast cancer prevention, among many other things. Beets are a very detoxifying vegetable that can purify the blood, balance the hormones and detox the liver. Apples are another wonderful detox food. Rich in pectin, this fiber helps to cleanse the intestines and alleviate constipation as well as rid the body of toxins. Apples also help with immune support.
1 cup onion, chopped
6 cups beets, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large Granny Smith apples, chopped
1 ½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp pepper
5 cups apple cider
Sour Cream Topping
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp dried mustard
fresh dill (for garnish)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and beets and cook until onions soften (about 5 minutes).
2. Add apples, cooking for 5 more minutes.
3. Add 1 tsp salt, pepper, 4 cups cider, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
4. When boiling, bring down to a simmer and cover saucepan. Cook for 40 minutes or until beets are tender.
5. Puree the soup in small batches using a blender until smooth. Use remaining cider to adjust to desired consistency.
6. Allow soup to cool and chill in refrigerator for a couple hours. Serve cold.
7. Make the sour cream topping by combining dried mustard with sour cream. Top each serving with one tablespoon of sour cream mixture. Garnish with dill.
Get "How to Lose Fat Fast," an excellent free ebook that teaches you a multitude of ways to quickly and effectively lose weight so you can look your best!
- 5 secrets to getting a flat belly
- How to stop cravings dead in their tracks
- Why many fitness experts are dead WRONG about exercise
- A simple, effective trick to boost your metabolism
- The top 5 ways to increase your energy
- And more!